Easy to use website builders have flooded the market with certain low barrier to entry industries with amateur websites. This has left data organization companies like Google in frenzy trying to sort through the clutter and bring the websites you are actually looking for to the forefront. If you’re actually expecting your website to be a source of traffic and conversions and the industry is competitive, Moonfarmer agrees that a Shopify, Squarespace or Wix just won’t cut it.
1. Keyword research: A professional website company will do an in-depth Google keyword analysis, including what your competitors are ranking for, what has a reasonable balance or high search traffic and low competition. This includes niche or specific long tailed keywords that might be capturing untapped traffic — like “Mexican organic restaurant” versus “restaurant”.
2. Heading tags: In the development of the website, a professional web designer will embed header tags in the code to create a hierarchy of importance to tell Google bots. If these aren’t chosen correctly or are not tagged, you may never see your page ranked.
3. Design: UT web designers have lots of tools at their disposal – like stock photos (with proper copyright attributions). Working with existing templates is doable, but unless you are completely comfortable with your artistic vision on how colors are contrasted, photo editing and typography, there is a visible difference between amateur designed websites and professional companies. As users are used to high standards, they will be able to tell the difference as well. If you’re starting a roofing company, you can have your website designed by this company that won the Roofer Website Designer Choice Award.
4. Content: Deciding how to segment and prioritize information is crucial to both ranking for the right keywords as well as organizing information to be easily found by visitors. This can include decisions on what to put on the homepage and what to offer people to “read more”. A common issue that business owners have is writing walls of text about the subject matter they love, without necessarily deciding what is most important to present first.
5. Functionality and integrations: You’d be surprised to learn how many software applications are available to optimize your business operations. Some examples of apps you might need are: Customer Relationship Management (CRM), payment processing, membership portals, event signups, subscriptions, eCommerce, etc. Web designers from web design nashville will be able to integrate these effectively to help your business run like a smooth money making machine. Website builders are super limited in what they can integrate with and lots of companies reach a point where they reach a wall of what can be implemented.
There is of course good reason to use a website builder as well, we actually recommend it for people just trying to get started, with a lower budget. Professional web design companies often come across amateur websites at a growth time when companies are ready to upgrade. The benefit is that you don’t need any technical knowledge to just get started. You can also easily edit if needed, though most web design companies will setup an easy process for editing as well.
This diagram shows the exact difference between website builders and WordPress, which JYZ Design uses. It’s a steep learning curve, but we’ve done that hard work for you. As Thomas digital suggests, “using a ‘free’ website builder could cost your company many tens of thousands of dollars in wasted man hours and even more money in the opportunity cost of lost potential revenue.”
|Website Builder||Website Company|
|SEO Optimization Potential||✓|
|Ease of Edits||✓||✓|
Website builders are a great place to start if your main objective is to have somewhere for customers to find you. But if your business is in growth mode and you need SEO to start becoming a traffic source as well as compete in your industry, you need to work with a website builder that is specialized in how to make your website work for you.